Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admin_CheckPoin
Participant
Jump to solution

How to know which cluster member is active?

Hi,

Inside Smart Console, how to know which member of a cluster of firewalls is active?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matt_Ricketts
Employee
Employee

Vladimir is correct. "cphaprob stat" will tell you via the CLI.

From within the GUI there are a couple of ways.

1 - In R77.x or earlier, this is shown within Smartview Monitor.

2 - In R80.x and later, go to Gateways and Servers, highlight the GW/Cluster in question and click on Device & License Information at the bottom. This will bring up a Smartview Monitor view and ClusterXL should be part of the listing. (Unfortunately I do not have a cluster in my lab, so I cannot 100% validate this.)

3 - In R80.x is on Mgmt, you could run a script against the GW using the above cphaprob command. Again, on Gateways & Servers, Scripts. The body of the script is the command to run. The Task will complete and show in the bottom left corner. Click on Details of the task to see the results.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

You cannot determine that from SmartConsole.

Start CLI and use "cphaprob stat" to make this determination.

Admin_CheckPoin
Participant

I see.  "Why make it simple when you can make it complicated?"

Matt_Ricketts
Employee
Employee

Vladimir is correct. "cphaprob stat" will tell you via the CLI.

From within the GUI there are a couple of ways.

1 - In R77.x or earlier, this is shown within Smartview Monitor.

2 - In R80.x and later, go to Gateways and Servers, highlight the GW/Cluster in question and click on Device & License Information at the bottom. This will bring up a Smartview Monitor view and ClusterXL should be part of the listing. (Unfortunately I do not have a cluster in my lab, so I cannot 100% validate this.)

3 - In R80.x is on Mgmt, you could run a script against the GW using the above cphaprob command. Again, on Gateways & Servers, Scripts. The body of the script is the command to run. The Task will complete and show in the bottom left corner. Click on Details of the task to see the results.

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Actually, it will not be a bad idea to add the "active member" indicator for HA clusters and a residency indicator for the VS' on VSLS VSX clusters.

Admin_CheckPoin
Participant

Matt's answer is better and easier to understand.  That's it.

In SmartConsole > Gateways & services:

select the Cluster

Press "Monitor" on top

In the new window > Device Status:

Choose the device in the drop-down menu

Read "Member state" somewhere in the right pane

Alessandro_Marr
Advisor

When you go to Device & license information (click on the cluster) you can select member and look at clusterXL section

selected first member

selected another member

ED
Advisor

They got covered all the ways. In a ClusterXL HA is it not possible to determine the active security gateway just by looking at the CPU usage in "Gateways and Servers" overview? The active member will always have higher percentage use than the standby that is usually at 0%.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

...unless it is running something like backup, performing signature updates, using Internet feed, etc...

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events