Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evren_Buyer
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to avoid Old Policies to show up when you right click an object and then click "where used" in SmartConsole.

I don't know when I first noticed the problem but it's definitely started after the replacement of smartdashboard vs SmartConsole.

When you rightclick/where-used any object from anywhere in SmartConsole to learn where that object(s) used in the policies my deleted, non-exist- policies show up and make it hard to seek where the object is used in policy.

Is there a way to avoid of old policies to show up in the search pane?

You may see the situation below.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Check Point Support is the way to go.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Evren_Buyer
Contributor

And if you want to open already deleted policy, through the where used screen you get the error below:

0 Kudos
Evren_Buyer
Contributor

I think it's same issue as described in Duplicate objects, IPS profiles, policies are displayed in R80 / R80.10 SmartConsole  So I'll contact support ASAP to verfiy and fix the problem...

0 Kudos
Martijn
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

Is this solved yet?

I have the same issue at a customer who cannot disable Anti Bot on a gateway because the gateway object is used in a Threat Prevention policy that does not excist anymore.

When we check 'Where Used' on the gateway object we can see the Threat Prevention policy but when we try to open it, we see the same error as above: 'Could not open the requested policy'.

A search with GUI DB Edit does not show the deleted policy.

Regards,

Martijn.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Check Point Support is the way to go.

0 Kudos
Martijn
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

I have a case open with support, but customers policy does not allow sending site related information such as cpinfo and configuration files outside the organization. So Check Point support is limited in what they can do for me.

So I hope someone within CheckMates has the solution maybe.

Regards,

Martijn.

0 Kudos
Alejandro_Mont1
Collaborator

Did you try sk116056? If that fails I'm not sure if anyone here will be able to assist as manually modifying solr or postgres is quite tricky and each environment is different.

0 Kudos
Martijn
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Alejandro,

I have asked support if sk116056 is relevant in my case, but I also wanted to know if this sk article solved the issue for Evren.

Regards,

Martijn.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events