Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jigar_Gheewala
Participant
Jump to solution

How to Migrate running config from R77.30 to R80.10?

Right now we have smart-1 25 running in production and new smart-1 5050 that is not in production yet. We want all the running config from smart-1 25 that is running R77.30 to new smart-1 5050 that is running R80.10. 

My question is. Is it possible to do migration of running config from R77.30 to R80.10 for this models?. If yes then how can i do this? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

I would do that as follows

- copy & paste the relevant clish config lines (show configuration) to the new device

- run the pre upgrade verifier from latest migrate tools and do the recommended steps listed by the tool

- migrate export of the cp config using the latest migration tools

- migrate import at the new device

Hope I got you right.

and now to something completely different - CCVS, CCAS, CCTE, CCCS, CCSM elite

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Smart appliances are not gateways. There is no "Running Config" on them as such.

There is a Gaia configuration, which could be viewed via "show configuration" command and a databases containing objects and policies as well as logs.

Policies are compiled and loaded onto the gateways for execution.

Based on your question, I would suggest either asking someone more proficient in Check Point to perform the migration or to engage Professional Services to assist you in it.

0 Kudos
Jigar_Gheewala
Participant

Vladimir. Thanks for Replying. I know smart appliances are not the gateways. This are our Management station, and yes i am talking about configurations files that we have to migrate from running an old smart-1 25 (R77.30) to new smart-1 5050 (R80.10). Now i have seen some videos and documentation regarding migrations and saw that we can do that, but i am not sure which one is better to migrate from cli or to use the migration tools? Also if you can provide supporting document link for migration, it would be great.

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Jigar,

I'd start here:  Video Link : 5746 

Vincent Bacher‌ pretty much nailed it in hist post above: use migration tools from target version on the source management server to perform the export.

If you are copying Gaia config, consider doing so with new appliance not connected to the production network to avoid IP conflict.

It may also make sense to go to R80.20.M1, as it includes a number of new features and improvements that people in this community were asking for.

Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

I would do that as follows

- copy & paste the relevant clish config lines (show configuration) to the new device

- run the pre upgrade verifier from latest migrate tools and do the recommended steps listed by the tool

- migrate export of the cp config using the latest migration tools

- migrate import at the new device

Hope I got you right.

and now to something completely different - CCVS, CCAS, CCTE, CCCS, CCSM elite
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Fully agree with this approach

0 Kudos
Jigar_Gheewala
Participant

Thanks Vladimir Yakovlev‌ and @Vincent Bacher for the reply. I will follow this method as you suggested. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events