Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Gateway on Open servers from R77.30 to R80.10 failed

Hi there,

Last night I was trying to upgrade my gateways which are on open servers having version R77.30 and Mgmt is already upgraded to R80.10. However I directly tried upgrading one member [secondary] from cpuse and gaia prompt showed that upgraded successfully. 

But when that server was rebooted surprisingly none of the CP services were started. Hence started investigating ran cpstart services manually that made few services to start however it was prompting me to run cpconfig and confirm the roles.

When I run cpconfig again surprised none of the roles were installed. This is really surprising has anyone faced any such error before?

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Definitely should not have happened.

Did you open a TAC case?

0 Kudos
Tsahi_Etziony
Employee
Employee

This is interesting. Can you please add more details on the upgrade process? Did you do it from the GAIA WebUI? 

I wonder if this is simply the result of using CPUSE clean installation instead of upgrade. 

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Well later I tried completely formatting and then copy/paste CLISH commands from early as I copied routes and interface setting but that didnt work as well since it was in cluster however policy was pushed successfully

Yes it was tried upgrading from CPUSE.

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Do you have the post-upgrade logs?

Specifically it would be interested to see /opt/CPInstlog/DeploymentAgent.log and DA_Actions.xml of the same folder.

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

I dont since wanted to finish off the upgrade asap hence later I decided to completely format the Open server copy/paste show configuration output but unfortunately that didnt work either.

So, eventually I had to revert to offline snapshot. I am trying again in few days. Lets see then?

thanks for the help BTW

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)