cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohan_Lal
Explorer

Failed to Install R80

Hi all,

I have tried to install R-80 on open server. Installation was completed but I was stuck in first time configuration wizard. when I access the gaya on browser to complete first time configuration wizard it was not completed. it was stuck on 90 %. tried many times but getting same result. any one have any idea why I m stuck here.

Regards,

Mohan lal

11 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

It is normal to sit at 90% for quite a while during the R80 postinstall wizard but it should eventually finish.  Unless you have at least 4 cores and 8GB of RAM on that server though it can take a LONG time, and anything with 2 cores or less and/or 4GB RAM or less is not a good idea for R80 Management.

--

My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"

now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
Mohan_Lal
Explorer

Hi Tim Hall,

Thanks for your quick  response. I have tried with 4 GB Ram and 2 core CPU. tomorrow I will try with 4 core CPU and 8 GB RAM.

Regards,

Mohan lal

0 Kudos
Yuri_Slobodyany
Collaborator

I played with various settings of memory and CPUs/cores the very minimal on VmWare Workstation Intel i7 is to give it 1 CPU with 4 cores and 4Gb of memory, otherwise First Time Configuration Wizard fails after being stuck on 90% in Configuring ... and you cannot connect with SmartConsole getting the error "Server is initializing .."

Physical servers are usually much bigger today so no issues there.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/yurislobodyanyuk/
0 Kudos
Eyal_Balla
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

hi yuri,

I suggest contacting support for your issue, 4 cores with 4GB for management should work.

0 Kudos
RickLin
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, You have to wait. Please have patience.

Do try to press F5 when run the FTW.

Please remember:

In R80 age.

More memory and better performance!

0 Kudos
Alexander_Bauer
Explorer

Hi
I have had the same Problem on the Education, after the Change from IE, or Edge to Chrome it was done in 3 minutes.
may be it helps.

Alexander

0 Kudos
Vikesh_Ramnath
Explorer

In my experience installing R80, the First time wizard always hangs on 90%.

The trick is to just wait, it could hang there for at least 30 minutes but it does come around.

Install and leave it come back later it will be completed.

0 Kudos
Mohammed_Jamshe
Participant

it had taken 10 hours and didnt completed.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

I've noticed during CCSA/CCSE classes that I teach sometimes the browser will never be able to reconnect after the post-install process and reboot is complete, and just appears to sit at 90% forever.  Just close the browser and reconnect and you'll find that all is well as long as you have waited 20-30 minutes.

--
My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"
now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
Doug_Engel
Explorer

I had this issue as well, using both Firefox and IE.

Others are correct, the more horsepower that your guest has, the better.  But what solved it for me was to wait until it was around 85% complete, and then close that browser window, then wait another 15 to 30 minutes while it is installing the latest Hotfixes.  For me, it seems like it is installing the Hotfixes during that final 10% and it never finishes as long as the window is open.

Your mileage may vary

Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

The log for the FirstTimeWizard is /var/log/ftw_install.log

There you should be able to see if it has finished anyway!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events