cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ratan
Explorer

Converting .TGZ file to ISO

Hello Team,

I do have one query like to post in this community for seeking your expertise ideas on this.

I have taken a backup from one of our Checkpoint Gateway using SCP and I would use that backup in one my VM infrastructure for some testing peruse. 

To accomplish the above tasks , I have created a VM environment in my local system and trying to upload that backup file I had downloaded from one of the CP Gateway. but the problem I facing with the file extensions. 

Since backup files are always downloaded with TGZ format, hence I am not able to upload the same file to my local VM environment and it's asking to upload an ISO file.

Can someone please help with the steps to converting the TGZ file to ISO so that same can be used locam VM environment.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

To be sure you are aware, the backup is not usable to install the OS in a VM. You will need to download the installation media for the version you are running on the box which generated the backup, install the OS in the VM, copy the backup to it, then restore the backup.

If you don't want to provide any network access at all to the VM, you can put the tgz file into an ISO image which you then mount in the virtual optical drive, but this is a less common reason to need an ISO image for a VM.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events