Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teddy_Brewski
Contributor
Jump to solution

ClusterXL with only one node?

Hello,

ClusterXL with two nodes running the latest R80.10 (Gaia). I setup ClusterXL using trial licenses and was under impression that we bought two licenses, but apparently we bought only one.

Can I delete the second node from the cluster and keep only one node, or do I need to recreate everything from scratch?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Hi Teddy, firstly, you can always purchase the second HA license 🙂

Anyhow, the least effort would be to
1. isolate one of the machines

2. Reconfigure it to carry VIPs as defined on the cluster object

3. Delete the cluster object and set up a single GW object instead, make new SIC to it and re-apply same policy package.

Technically, you can run a cluster object with a single GW, but it will still ask fro ClusterXL license

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

You can keep it in the cluster and just shutdown the gateway until you have a proper license imho

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Hi Teddy, firstly, you can always purchase the second HA license 🙂

Anyhow, the least effort would be to
1. isolate one of the machines

2. Reconfigure it to carry VIPs as defined on the cluster object

3. Delete the cluster object and set up a single GW object instead, make new SIC to it and re-apply same policy package.

Technically, you can run a cluster object with a single GW, but it will still ask fro ClusterXL license

Teddy_Brewski
Contributor

Thank you Valeri Loukine

The exact name of the license is CPSG-4C-NGTP. I guess ClusterXL is not included here?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Actually, it does. Here is the full list of functionalities for your license:

• Firewall,
  • VPN,
  • Advanced Networking and Clustering,
  • Identity Awareness,
  • Mobile Access,
  • IPS,
  • Application Control,
  • URL Filtering,
  • Anti-Virus, Anti-Bot,
  • Anti-Spam and Email Security,
  • Network Policy Management,
  • Logging and Status.

I have marked Italic all subscription blades. So please allow me to revise my answer. A cluster with a single node should work.

However, I would stick to my original recommendation: unless your intentions are to buy a second license (BTW, go for CPSG-4C-NGTP-HA variant, it is cheaper), it makes sense to reconfigure the setup and get rid of the cluster altogether, it will simplify troubleshooting and maintenance in the future.

0 Kudos
Teddy_Brewski
Contributor

Great, many thanks. And is it possible, since it's a 4 cores license, to install it on 2 gateways, 2 cores each? Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

LOL, no. Good try though

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events