Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justin_Hickey
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Cant Stop Mail Alerts

Hi Mates,

Under Global Properties I recently set the field 'Run mail alert script' to notify the network team of any critical situations. Shortly after that we started receiving the errors below at least 4 times a day. I verified the gateway(s) could reach the service.

Failed to connect to Check Point Anti Malware detection service.; reason: Internal error occurred, could not connect to "cws.checkpoint.com:80"

I then changed the mail script to only send the messages to me because the alerts were getting annoying to the team. The issue is the emails kept coming. Even when I completely unchecked 'Run mail alert script' and rebooted. The emails kept coming.  They were like Rocky! I even rebooted the MGT gateway.

Any ideas how/where to stop this ?

Thanks,

Justin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Hickey
Collaborator

Ok. I appears the 'Run Mail Script Alert' will continue to run as long as your have 'System Alerts' set to 'Mail'. I set it back to alert, pushed, and the messaging stopped. Weird, but its fixed. Thanks. 

system alerts

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Kobi_Eisenkraft
Employee
Employee

Did you install policy after the change?

Justin_Hickey
Collaborator

Well, I did a publish database. Its a change to the DB right ? Not to the firewall. I can push.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Global Properties is like any other change to the firewall policy, you need to do a policy install for it to take effect.

Justin_Hickey
Collaborator

Yes, I published and pushed to one of the pairs of firewalls. Messages persist.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I'd recommend getting the TAC involved.

Contact Support | Check Point Software 

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

did install policy solve this issue for you?

Justin_Hickey
Collaborator

No. its really odd. I pushed policy to my primary pair but still the message continue. I'm thinking about denying relay in the SMTP server. This is freaky.

0 Kudos
Justin_Hickey
Collaborator

Ok. I appears the 'Run Mail Script Alert' will continue to run as long as your have 'System Alerts' set to 'Mail'. I set it back to alert, pushed, and the messaging stopped. Weird, but its fixed. Thanks. 

system alerts

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events