cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post

Cant Stop Mail Alerts

Jump to solution

Hi Mates,

Under Global Properties I recently set the field 'Run mail alert script' to notify the network team of any critical situations. Shortly after that we started receiving the errors below at least 4 times a day. I verified the gateway(s) could reach the service.

Failed to connect to Check Point Anti Malware detection service.; reason: Internal error occurred, could not connect to "cws.checkpoint.com:80"

I then changed the mail script to only send the messages to me because the alerts were getting annoying to the team. The issue is the emails kept coming. Even when I completely unchecked 'Run mail alert script' and rebooted. The emails kept coming.  They were like Rocky! I even rebooted the MGT gateway.

Any ideas how/where to stop this ?

Thanks,

Justin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cant Stop Mail Alerts

Jump to solution

Ok. I appears the 'Run Mail Script Alert' will continue to run as long as your have 'System Alerts' set to 'Mail'. I set it back to alert, pushed, and the messaging stopped. Weird, but its fixed. Thanks. 

system alerts

8 Replies

Jump to solution

Did you install policy after the change?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Well, I did a publish database. Its a change to the DB right ? Not to the firewall. I can push.

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

Jump to solution

Global Properties is like any other change to the firewall policy, you need to do a policy install for it to take effect.

Jump to solution

Yes, I published and pushed to one of the pairs of firewalls. Messages persist.

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

Jump to solution

I'd recommend getting the TAC involved.

Contact Support | Check Point Software 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

did install policy solve this issue for you?

Jump to solution

No. its really odd. I pushed policy to my primary pair but still the message continue. I'm thinking about denying relay in the SMTP server. This is freaky.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Ok. I appears the 'Run Mail Script Alert' will continue to run as long as your have 'System Alerts' set to 'Mail'. I set it back to alert, pushed, and the messaging stopped. Weird, but its fixed. Thanks. 

system alerts