cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post a Question

Can the default be changed for the logging time period results?

I haven't been able to find a setting anywhere, but when I was at CPX one of the CP engineers swore there was a setting to customize a default time period used when users launch logs in R80.10. As it stands today the default is set to 7 days, and we have seen a hit in performance with the expansion of user access. Realistically most of them would only need "Last hour" for troubleshooting purposes. I haven't been able to find the answer in CP documentation so any input is appreciated. Cheers!

8 Replies
ED
Silver

Re: Can the default be changed for the logging time period results?

I also wish that it was easy to change to "Last hour" instead of 7 days. As usually when I need to see logs it's something that I'm currently troubleshooting and then last hour what I need. 

You can close your SmartConsole and take a look in C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\SmartConsole\R80.10\PROGRAM at the SmartConsole.exe.config file. Maybe it's possible to change the value there. Haven't tried myself. 

0 Kudos

Easy, just open the menue and select Tools > Query Settings:

Now choose, name what you want:

Add a new log tab and enjoy  !

Not that easy with +40 administrators. This should be done centrally. Not on each endpoint.

/Henrik

0 Kudos

I see no problem with every Admin configuring his own default time span. Even if most of them need only one hour, i would refrain from setting that centrally. But if really needed, you can involve TAC in finding a way to enable that...

0 Kudos

The use case being that telling +40 admins to change various default settings in SMC, I guess 2 people would actually be bothered to change it.

Plus education the same admins for the various features that is user customizable is a pain.

0 Kudos

If they get payed to do their job customization should be self-evident ;-)

0 Kudos
ED
Silver

Nice! Just don't put anything in the "Default query" field and it works as you want it Nathan.

0 Kudos

As shown in the screenshot, i did name it 1h, and on new Log tab or Dashboard re-open, Log tab showed Last Hour.

0 Kudos