Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ivo_Marques
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can R77.30 MDS manage R80.10 gateway?

Hi there,

I have one R77.10 MDS with 89 domains, now I have 3 more new clusters that I have to put in prodution. Can I install R80.10 on the clusters and manage with R77.10/R7730? If not, I have to go with R77.30 and after that upgrade the MDS and the gateways.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

No, it cannot.

Management version must be >= gateway version, at least in R80 and above. 

I encourage you to upgrade the management and experience the productivity improvements, then upgrade your gateways.

I also recommend on trying the gradual domain management upgrade, which in R80.10 lets you migrate with your global policy - see is there an easy way to upgrade large-scale environments to R80.10? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

No, it cannot.

Management version must be >= gateway version, at least in R80 and above. 

I encourage you to upgrade the management and experience the productivity improvements, then upgrade your gateways.

I also recommend on trying the gradual domain management upgrade, which in R80.10 lets you migrate with your global policy - see is there an easy way to upgrade large-scale environments to R80.10? 

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

From ancient times it is the rule that you upgrade your management first and then the gateways later.

Older versions remain clueless about newer version gateways at best. At worst they try to communicate and make a mess you don't want to experience in your worst nightmares.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Ivo_Marques
Contributor

Hi Hugo,

Well, nowadays for instance you can manage R77.30 with R77.10 it is supported by Check Point. You can check here:

Security Management Servers and supported managed Security Gateways 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

True, but the delta between R77.10 and R77.30 is a bit smaller than between R77.30 and R80.10.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events