Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonS
Explorer
Jump to solution

Can I use Command Line tools that use R80.10 Management API for higher Versions?

I am a PowerShell scripter and would like to automate things on our Checkpoint Firewall which as of right now is on Version R80.20

I found a really feature rich module called psCheckPoint which would fit my needs perfectly. On its Documentation page it says the following: "Contains PowerShell commands for R80.10 Management API and Firewall Identity Awareness API!"

Does the Management API change drastically on each Minor Upgrade or not? I assume when R81 is released the creator of the PowerShell Module has to upgrade the Module as well, but how about Minor Version differences?

Can I safely use this module to manage my Firewall even though it has a newer Version than R80.10?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
As we do make changes to the API with each release (including the behavior of existing calls), we provide for backward compatibility through calling a specific version of the API.
This means, even in R81 (which I believe will be API v1.7), you can get the R80.10 behavior by calling the 1.1 version of the API.
Whether psCheckPoint does this or not, I can't say for sure, but I assume it does.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
As we do make changes to the API with each release (including the behavior of existing calls), we provide for backward compatibility through calling a specific version of the API.
This means, even in R81 (which I believe will be API v1.7), you can get the R80.10 behavior by calling the 1.1 version of the API.
Whether psCheckPoint does this or not, I can't say for sure, but I assume it does.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events