cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flachance
Advisor
Jump to solution

Applications Categories

When you look a the details for a Category it mentions how many applications it contains.

Is it possible and how can you see which applications it contains?

thanks

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
masher
Employee
Employee

I'm not aware of a mechanism within Smartconsole to match applications based on category.

However, it is possible to query them via the API from the command line. This is how I managed to query it from the cli and dump it to a file. This particular script is only selecting options from the additional-categories and not the primary category.

mgmt_cli -r true login > session.id
appcount="`mgmt_cli -s session.id show application-sites -f json limit 1 | jq -r .total`"
displayed=0
touch applist
while [ $displayed -lt $appcount ];
do
mgmt_cli -s session.id show application-sites -f json details-level full limit 100 offset ${displayed} | jq -r '.objects[]|select(."additional-categories"[] | contains("High Bandwidth"))|[.name,."primary-category",."additional-categories"|tostring]|@csv' >> applist
let displayed+=100
done
mgmt_cli -s session.id logout

View solution in original post

2 Replies
masher
Employee
Employee

I'm not aware of a mechanism within Smartconsole to match applications based on category.

However, it is possible to query them via the API from the command line. This is how I managed to query it from the cli and dump it to a file. This particular script is only selecting options from the additional-categories and not the primary category.

mgmt_cli -r true login > session.id
appcount="`mgmt_cli -s session.id show application-sites -f json limit 1 | jq -r .total`"
displayed=0
touch applist
while [ $displayed -lt $appcount ];
do
mgmt_cli -s session.id show application-sites -f json details-level full limit 100 offset ${displayed} | jq -r '.objects[]|select(."additional-categories"[] | contains("High Bandwidth"))|[.name,."primary-category",."additional-categories"|tostring]|@csv' >> applist
let displayed+=100
done
mgmt_cli -s session.id logout

flachance
Advisor

thanks. This solution works fine.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events