cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sanjay_S
Advisor

Application Control and URL Filtering Package

Hi All,

I am not able to update the packages from the management server and it is currently on an year old package. When i try to update it fails with the error as attached.

I ran the debug on MDS and seeing the below error.

MDS.elg:
1. "Failed to get data (curl error: 6) from https://updates.checkpoint.com/WebService/services/DownloadMetaDataService?wsdl"
2. "Error String:Couldn't resolve host name"

Please suggest me the further steps to resolve this. I also need to IPS package which also has the same issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Sanjay S

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Have you set a DNS server in your management server? Is it allowed to go out to the internet to get DNS resolved and is the management server allowed to use HTTPS to the internet?
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Sanjay_S
Advisor

Thanks Maarten for helping on this.
Yes DNS is configured and HTTPS is allowed still the same issue.
0 Kudos
Sanjay_S
Advisor

Looks like we are not able to download the Application package, because just tried to download IPS package and it was successful. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

can you try this command and see what the output is? When it shows just the title row and no additional rows, you should be fine.
psql_client cpm postgres
select task.objid,displayname,creator,cma.name,domainid,starttime,lastupdatetime,progresspercentage from tasknotification task, (select name,objid from domainbase_data where dlesession=0 and not deleted) cma where status = 0 and cma.objid = task.domainid and (displayname='Application Control & URL Filtering' or displayname='IPS Management Update');
\q
When It does show any rows, let me know than I have a command to reset this and then you need to reboot.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Sanjay_S
Advisor

Hi Maarten,

I tried the commad suggested i see it went into SQL.
psql.bin (9.2.4)
Type "help" for help.

cpm=#
cpm=#
cpm=# help
You are using psql, the command-line interface to PostgreSQL.
Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help with psql commands
\g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
\q to quit
cpm=# \q

I am not sure what to check and how to check here 😞 Please suggest.
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

there were 3 lines:
Line 1:
psql_client cpm postgres
Line 2:
select task.objid,displayname,creator,cma.name,domainid,starttime,lastupdatetime,progresspercentage from tasknotification task, (select name,objid from domainbase_data where dlesession=0 and not deleted) cma where status = 0 and cma.objid = task.domainid and (displayname='Application Control & URL Filtering' or displayname='IPS Management Update');
Line 3:
\q
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Sanjay_S
Advisor

psql_client cpm postgres
psql.bin (9.2.4)
Type "help" for help.

cpm=# select task.objid,displayname,creator,cma.name,domainid,starttime,lastupdatetime,progresspercentage from tasknotification task, (select name,objid from domainbase_data where dlesession=0 and not deleted) cma where status = 0 and cma.objid = task.domainid and (displayname='Application Control & URL Filtering' or displayname='IPS Management Update');
objid | displayname | creator | name | domainid | starttime | lastupdatetime | progresspercentage
-------+-------------+---------+------+----------+-----------+----------------+--------------------
(0 rows)
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

At least now you know there is not a still running update that got stuck, preventing any new updates from happening.
At this point I would involve the TAC and open a case.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Sanjay_S
Advisor

Thanks Maarten,
I will raise it with TAC.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events