Did you mean: 
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

APPC and URLF Update Summary :)

APPC & URLF message

1. SG has Internet Access

2. SMS has Internet Access

3. Proxy isn't defined as CPs does not use any Proxy for Internet Access at all (direct link)

any clues Mates? Smiley Happy where to look for the "RCA" causes ... ?

few hours later I see following then:

update completed

any ideas chaps ?

Jerry
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alessandro_Marr
Advisor

Check DNS resolution.

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks Alessandro, I do appreciate where you coming from however,

do you believe that during the night from 1am to 8am today my Client did any DNS changes and resolution from Management SMS's could have changed?

To be precise (and I cannot show you that unfortunately) the output from every DNS query is just fine and always was.

Persoanlly I don't think "name resolution" could be blamed for that little "glitch". I was rather under the impression that 1am isn't a good time due to some kind of maintenances in a Clould etc. Smiley Happy 

And this just happened ... tonite - 1st time - so I really wonder if that's intermittent or rather some error on SMS on my Customer's side.

Thanks anyway.

Jerry
0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Jerry,

I have seen this behavior in every installation on a standby cluster member in HA environments.

It usually fails to update with identical message while CLI checks confirm that there are no issues with connectivity.

Half an hour to few hours later, all is well.

If you are seeing this in a single member environment, it may be different.

My guess is that there is some-kind host registration process at CP that takes a while that we have no visibility into, but this is a pure speculation on my part.

Cheers,

Vladimir

Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

completely agree mate, this is indeed ClusterXL A/S R80.10 take 169 and it plays like that due to some kind of unknown reasons hence my post on my fav place - community dasboard Smiley Happy 

I totally understand where you point me just now and I believe the best way going fwd would be to involce some folks from Management Team to explain that to us, wouldn't they want that though?

have yourself a good one!

Jerry

Jerry
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events