Did you mean: 
yishaia
Explorer

20 FWs on 1 Management server

Hello,

I have 20 gateways and 1 management server,

when i install policy from the management server,

i put the FWs i want to install on - on the "install on" section,

is there any way to make groups on "install on" FWs?

i need to select 5-6 diffrents FWs on every rule i install,

anyway to make groups?

like 5 gateways "group one"

10 gateways "group two"

something like that?

thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which version MGMT/GWs and are all gateways rules contained in a single policy package currently?

As an alternate approach exploring shared layers and seperate policy packages may be something to consider in future.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
yishaia
Explorer

MGMT - r80.10

gateways - some r80.10 and some RR77 (1490 appliances)

thanks

0 Kudos
mdjmcnally
Advisor

On the Install On Column then if is set to Policy Targets and you click on the + to add then the box that comes up shows Gateways

Change the Gateways to Gateways and Groups and can select groups of Firewalls as the Install Target for the Rule.

I'll be honest that when get to that sort of number that always seperated out the policies though.

Brian_Deutmeyer
Collaborator

You should break out your policy so a policy package installs on a gateway or group of gateways.  You can set that by setting them as installation targets for that package.

It sounds like your are using the installing on column, which you can still set all your gateways to be install targets by editing your policy and selecting your gateways. You can do this by editing your policy and right clicking your layer name under Access Control and click Edit Policy... Once the edit box opens, you can go to Installation Targets and select your gateways there.

0 Kudos
yishaia
Explorer

hi,

i tried to do it,

i see only the gateway's cant add group.

0 Kudos
Brian_Deutmeyer
Collaborator

I'm assuming you added the gateways to a group?  You can add more than one gateway if they aren't in a group to the install targets, but to get a group, did you change the drop-down to gateways and groups?

Annotation 2019-12-09 085617.png

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events