Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sergio_Cortes
Participant

reset user admin r80.10

good morning group, I have a problem I found the following sk163461 to be able to reset the admin psw since my client forgot it and it was not documented, only that at the time of mounting live centers I do not appear options, someone who can help me ??Screenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_2.jpg

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I'm not clear what you've actually done to get to this point.
Can you explain step by step what you did to get to this point?
0 Kudos
Sergio_Cortes
Participant

Thanks for your answer, ok I'll explain.

download the average that the SK indicates to me, use the program to generate the USB, modify the parameters indicated by the SK, but at the moment of wanting to boot and choose the one and choose the option the screen freezes!

As in the picture I attached!
0 Kudos
Sergio_Cortes
Participant

Screenshot_4.jpg

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Is this a problem on management or on the gateway?
When you can get to the management server on the CLI you can use cprid_util to overwrite the password like this:
cprid_util -server <GW-IP> -verbose rexec -rcmd clish -c "set user admin password-hash ,hash for the password you want>"
Be aware to create a hash that is done on the same Check Point version as the gateway is.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
mdjmcnally
Advisor

So you have downloaded the CentOS 7 LiveCD ISO and placed on laptop

Downloaded the UNetbootin portable executable

Use the UNetbootin portable executable to create the USB Stick with LiveCD ISO File

Followed the instructions to update the files

The screenshot provided is then what presented with after booting off the USB Stick.

Isn't what would expect where did you download the LiveCD Iso from?

0 Kudos
Sergio_Cortes
Participant

Thanks for your answers, ok I explain.

download the average that the SK indicates to me, use the program to generate the USB, modify the parameters indicated by the SK, but at the moment of wanting to boot and choose the one and choose the option the screen freezes!

As in the picture I attached!
Screenshot_4.jpg

0 Kudos
mdjmcnally
Advisor

OK so the screenshot looks more as would expect with the LiveCD then the first screenshot did.

Did the md5sum of the downloaded iso match correctly as looks as though the LiveCD unable to start properly.

0 Kudos
fllangari
Explorer
Explorer

Hi

I try to apply the sk but my management is install in vmware machine, its possible use this procedure.

Regards

0 Kudos
Zach_S
Employee
Employee

Hi,

We have since updated sk163461 to make the steps more clear (which ISO file we tested, example of edits) and recommend use of Rufus instead of Unetbootin to produce more consistent results with USB stick creation.

The behavior reported by the original poster (freeze after boot menu) will happen if the files on the USB stick as indicated in the SK are not modified in the correct way. The purpose of step 2 of sk163461 is to redirect the kernel text output to the serial console port on a Check Point appliance after the boot menu, since those appliances do not have any standard VGA video output.

If the serial console output freezes here, the kernel is probably not outputting to the correct RS232 serial port on the appliance.  Removing "rhgb" and "quiet" will disable the CentOS graphical boot, console=/dev/ttyS0,9600 will output to the first RS232 serial port on the appliance (serial console port). 

To answer another question in this thread, the procedure in the SK will still work on a VM however you can omit step 2 which requires editing of  isolinux.cfg, since in this case the VM does have standard VGA video output. 

Best regards,
Zachary Shaver

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events