cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

TechTalk: CDT and Blink Video and Slides

We had an informative session with @Tsahi_Etziony  about CDT, Blink, and upcoming Zero Touch support for R80.20 Security Gateways!

An excerpt from the session is below, with the full video available to CheckMates members!

Slides: CDT and Blink TechTalk Slides 

Video: CDT and Blink TeckTalk Session 

Audio: TechTalk: CDT and Blink by Check Point CheckMates

Q&A that we did not get to during the session will be provided in the coming days.

4 Replies
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

Hi Tsahi

First all thank you for introducing new deployment tools. These are awsome.

I forgot to ask a question in the presenation.

I have tried the Blink deployment with an EA technician Alexander Sazonov  because we had to reverse to original state on R80.10 take 103 Secure gateway installation and after a Reboot was initiated, the installation did actually start deploying a new r80.10 installation but what we experienced was that it didnt delete the images after deployment ended.

As a note - we were using special flag to delete old partitions

Can you explain why this occured for us?

Thanks

Kim

Best Regards
Kim
0 Kudos
Gregory_Azratz
Employee
Employee

Hi Kim,

I didn't understand the part regarding images? which images did you have on the machine that you expected to be deleted once the blink process finishes?

0 Kudos
Tsahi_Etziony
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the compliments, Kim. 

I assume you were using software RAID on your appliance. Since we encountered some issues with partition changes when running on software RAID, we chose not to make these changes automatically - it seems like changes in the partitions could make the machine unstable when followed by an immediate reboot, and when performed automatically by Blink, we could not control when the user might choose to reboot the machine. 

0 Kudos
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

Hi Tsahi,

It is a great tool, that I can only recommend others to use.

I am just wondering... Our HA CP 5800 HHP does those appliances have RAID for the hard drive?

thanks

Kim

Best Regards
Kim

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events