cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post
Highlighted

Portal logfiles not rotated

According to sk102527, in versions R75, R76, R76SP, R76SP.10, R76SP.10_VSLS, R76SP.20, R76SP.30, R76SP.40, R77, R77.10, R77.20, R77.30 the portal http server logs are not rotated. This sk originally is from 2014.

Well, we have 2019 (Yes, that's 5 years!) and R80.10 T142 here and this is still not solved. Fixing that is a totally low hangig fruit. Not fixing is means manual effort to find and fix that in all checkpoint installations worldwide. Proactive is different..

Checkpoint does not seem to be able to solve their quality problems finally.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Portal logfiles not rotated

According to sk102527, you can manually configure the Identity Awareness Gateway to rotate the Identity Awareness Captive Portal log files - and this is only needed when using IA Captive Portal.

I understand that manual changes are a pita and CP could have changed that already, but if all was perfect and no bugs anywhere, i fear i would not be able to make any money  !

0 Kudos

Thanks, Adam, for taking this on your list for R80.30 GA.

According to sk113619, /opt/CPNacPortal/logs/error_log_autoauth is also missing in the list of files that are not rotated and need to be added to logrotate.conf. This file would need to be added to sk102527.

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

Make sure you leave feedback on the relevant SK so it gets addressed.

0 Kudos

of course, already done some days ago.

0 Kudos