Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Levine
Contributor

NAT Pool Exhaustion

I had just encountered an issue where a firewall had an exhausted NAT pool.... it caused a bunch of intermittent issues with accessing the Internet and remote site resources. This was not specifically a Check Point gateway appliance, but it made me curious... how would this scenario be handled on a gateway running Gaia / NGFW? How can you see NAT pool usage or if the pool is exhausted? (given a basic setup with a couple of internal interfaces (LAN, DMZ), and an external interface. Hide NAT for internet bound traffic, etc.)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Prior to R80.40 you had to run a variety of fw tab commands or utilize some great tools written by @Kaspars_Zibarts.  However in R80.40+ the monitoring capabilities in this area were significantly enhanced, as noted in the R80.40 addendum for my book:

NAT_Monitoring.png

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
David_Levine
Contributor

Thanks for the reply Tim.

So, I did come across sk156852 as I was poking around... sorry - I was quick to ask here without doing much looking on my own as of yet 🙂

I did actually recently purchase the Max Power book... have not dove in yet though - awesome that this is in there!

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events