Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HoogliBoogli
Participant
Jump to solution

How to Create Multiple Admin Accounts

Hi,

how can I create multiple Admin-Acounts wit GAIA Clish.  To Create one account, I can write this commands in clish

add user [User] uid [number] homedir /home/user
set user [User] password
save config‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

and so on...

for out installation I don´t want set up all admin user manual on out checkpoint Appliances. We use GAIA R80.10.

What can I do? API? User-File?

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Why not script it all beforehand?
If you know the passwords for the users, you can get the hash for them and set the hashes non-interactively (e.g. set user user1 password-hash hash-value).
I believe such a script can be loaded as part of ISOmorphic, CDT, or other methods.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
If you have a spreadsheet with names, ID and PW hashes you can make your own command set:
column 1 has Name, column B has ID and column C has PW-Hash
create this formula in D2 (the first data line) ="add user "&A2&" uid "&B2&" homedir /home/"&A2" <Alt> <Enter> set user "&A2&" password-hash "&C2&" <Alt> <Enter> add rba user "&A2&" roles adminRole

Replace the <Alt><Enter> with the key combination.
If needed you can change the adminRole to another or use another field to set the correct value.
Just make a copy of the column and paste it into a text editor, now you can copy and paste parts into a Putty session to the Gaia clish interface.
Regards, Maarten

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Why not script it all beforehand?
If you know the passwords for the users, you can get the hash for them and set the hashes non-interactively (e.g. set user user1 password-hash hash-value).
I believe such a script can be loaded as part of ISOmorphic, CDT, or other methods.
0 Kudos
HoogliBoogli
Participant

yes I can script it.  I will create all user over the WebUi and than I will export the file. I think, it is better than a individual script.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
If you have a spreadsheet with names, ID and PW hashes you can make your own command set:
column 1 has Name, column B has ID and column C has PW-Hash
create this formula in D2 (the first data line) ="add user "&A2&" uid "&B2&" homedir /home/"&A2" <Alt> <Enter> set user "&A2&" password-hash "&C2&" <Alt> <Enter> add rba user "&A2&" roles adminRole

Replace the <Alt><Enter> with the key combination.
If needed you can change the adminRole to another or use another field to set the correct value.
Just make a copy of the column and paste it into a text editor, now you can copy and paste parts into a Putty session to the Gaia clish interface.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
HoogliBoogli
Participant

Hi Maarten,

thanks for this example - I will try it, it seems simple.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events