Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Deutmeyer
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Gaia API - Loss of functionality with upgrade?

I've been running on Gaia API version 1.0 successfully since its release.  As we continue to build more integrations, some features of v1.2 intrigued me, so I upgraded.  After I upgrade, we lost the 'run-script' functionality.  It now results in a generic_error.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Why would an "upgrade" result in a downgrade?  When will the run-script API be back?  I'm downgrading my API version to v1.0 since v1.2 doesn't support the same things v1.0 did.

Here is what I'm seeing:

curl -w '%{http_code}' -k -X POST "https://gw.site.net/gaia_api/run-script " -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "X-chkp-sid: $MYSECRET" -d "{\"script-name\":\"do-it\",\"script\":\"/var/log/myscript.sh\"}" -s

{
"code": "generic_error",
"message": "Internal error."
}

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tal_Martsiano
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Brian,

Apologize for the inconvenience, this API was released for POC purposes and it wasn't documented.

V1.3 of GAIA API includes this API and it is well structured and documented - should be available at the beginning of November via sk143612

GAIA APIs documentation can be found here

Thanks,

Tal Martsiano

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
"Internal error" sounds like a bug and there should probably be a TAC case.
0 Kudos
Tal_Martsiano
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Brian,

Apologize for the inconvenience, this API was released for POC purposes and it wasn't documented.

V1.3 of GAIA API includes this API and it is well structured and documented - should be available at the beginning of November via sk143612

GAIA APIs documentation can be found here

Thanks,

Tal Martsiano

Brian_Deutmeyer
Collaborator

Thanks, Tal!  That's great news.  I'll keep an eye out for v1.3 so I can validate once released.

0 Kudos
Brian_Deutmeyer
Collaborator

Hi Tal-

I have a two follow-on questions. 

1. There are lots of show route options with the Gaia API, but not 'show route destination x.x.x.x'.  Is this something you guys are planning to add?  You could create a new API call or just allow a destination to passed in the request body of the show-routes api.

2. Will the ability to specify a virtual system ID or name be coming for use with APIs like show route destination?  For example:

POST {server}/v1.3/show-routes
Content-Type: application/json
X-chkp-sid: {{session}}

{"destination" : "1.1.1.1", "vsid" : "1"}

Thanks!

0 Kudos
tnguyen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

1. We plan to add this capability to a future release.

2. We will look into the requirement to add vsid to the APIs to support VSX

Tuyen

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events