Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Javad_Nicou
Contributor

Export Rulebase to CSV

How to export rulebase to CSV file  (R65) ? The sale representative recommended sk64501 .The SK clearly mentioned the solution only works for R77.X but sales eng insist the SK  will work with r55 r65 .

Please advise .

Best Regards,

Javad

8 Replies
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor

I tried from Windows to run the tool for R70 on an R65 management server it gave me this error:

c:\WVT_R70\cpdb2web.exe
Enter SmartCenter Server Name (Hit 'ENTER' for 'localhost'): 192.X.X.X
Authentication Method:
[U]ser Name or [C]ertificate? U
Enter Administrator Name: admin
Enter Administrator Password:

Failed to bind to DB.
Error Reason: Versions Mismatch

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe you can use the cp_merge utility to do this.

Not sure it exists in R65, but it can't hurt: Using cp_merge utility 

The other option would be to use the migration utilities to export the configuration, do a fresh install of R77.30 in a VM, migrate import the config, and use the tool in sk64501.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

There is a tool we used to give our customers access to their rulebase in a webbased server called CPrules and it is still available for download, it is clickable and you should be able use a screen text grabbing util to move the output into excel.

Regards, Maarten
Sanjay_S
Advisor

How to export policy to xml format in R80.30 version? Your reply is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not familiar with any tool that exports to XML for R8x.
If you want a web-based export of a policy, there is always: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/API-CLI-Discussion-and-Samples/web-api-show-package-sh-script-sh... 

0 Kudos
Sanjay_S
Advisor

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Sanjay_S
Advisor

Hi PhoneBoy, 

When we export the policy package, the group objects are opened with the UID page first and then clicking on the UID will allow us to open the real host of the group. Is there any other  possible way to get rid of this and directly see the objects in the group?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As far as I know, the API doesn't have an option to return the group members, just the group itself.
A group can also contain other groups.
All of this requires extra API calls, which would have to be coded into the script.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events