Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_Stergiou
Participant

Does Gaia clish config periodically save automatically?

We have a script that looks for any clish configuration in an unsaved state using the dbget unsaved command and clish -c 'show config-state'.  The output is consistent between the two commands.  The check occasionally returns that the config is in an unsaved state.  When I login and manually run the commands, the config shows as saved.  I found the following log in /var/log/messages that shows a save configuration was run.  There is no record of an admin logging in and actually running 'save configuration'.  Does Gaia automatically save the configuration periodically?

May 15 20:39:37 2018 hostname xpand[7020]: admin localhost t -volatile:configurationSave

3 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

On clish there is no auto save at all. Only the WebUI has this feature, so if you were logging in though the WebUI then it will auto save as soon as you make any change at all.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Furil
Participant

Hello,

Just asking, would not it be easier to directly schedule a daily backup ?  No need for script as it is available in gaia clish, that way the configuration will also be saved no?

0 Kudos
Jim_Stergiou
Participant

I wasn't attempting to automatically save config.  I noticed that clish configuration was being automatically saved and I am trying to determine what service is saving the configuration.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events