cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post a Question

Cloudformation template for SmartEvent?

I have a customer that is requiring (or strongly recommending) the use of cloudformation templates for any deployment.  Obviously there is one for management, but I don't want any management functionality on this box other than for SmartEvent.  Does anyone have or recall seeing one for a SmartEvent-only server?

5 Replies
Admin
Admin

Re: Cloudformation template for SmartEvent?

The CloudFormation template runs the config_system command as part of the provisioning process.

As far as I can tell anyway, there is no way to use this tool to configure the system as SmartEvent only.

The first time wizard in general has this option, but config_system does not.

Going to move this to the ‌ space and ask R&D about it.

Employee+
Employee+

Paul,

What kind of settings would you like to be configured on this box ? We are now launching REST api for Gaia, and it can cover everything on top of Mgmt DB apis... You can contact me for more info.

0 Kudos

Nothing special.  They  only want CF templates used for documentation and repeatability, not that they will be standing up a bunch of SmartEvent boxes.  Its just a requirement.  To change a route I need to use a CF template...  Specifically what do you need me to answer?  To me this is more work, but I guess if you can set it up so all other CP users could use the same template that is what I would ask for.

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

Like I said, the main issue here we need to know the CLI command necessary to set up an appliance as "SmartEvent only."

To my knowledge, there isn't one, but hopefully I'm wrong :smileyhappy:. 

Once we know what the necessary command is, modifying the existing CloudFormation script to use it should be a trivial exercise.

0 Kudos

Can one of the Check Point people confirm or deny Dameons's thought process that there is or is not a CLI available to set up a vSec instance as SmartEvent only so I know which direction I need to go?

Thanks,
Paul

0 Kudos