Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Warnagiris
Advisor

Cloudformation template for SmartEvent?

I have a customer that is requiring (or strongly recommending) the use of cloudformation templates for any deployment.  Obviously there is one for management, but I don't want any management functionality on this box other than for SmartEvent.  Does anyone have or recall seeing one for a SmartEvent-only server?

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The CloudFormation template runs the config_system command as part of the provisioning process.

As far as I can tell anyway, there is no way to use this tool to configure the system as SmartEvent only.

The first time wizard in general has this option, but config_system does not.

Going to move this to the https://community.checkpoint.com/community/infinity-general/appliances-and-gaia?sr=search&searchId=7...‌ space and ask R&D about it.

Alexander_Kim
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Paul,

What kind of settings would you like to be configured on this box ? We are now launching REST api for Gaia, and it can cover everything on top of Mgmt DB apis... You can contact me for more info.

0 Kudos
Paul_Warnagiris
Advisor

Nothing special.  They  only want CF templates used for documentation and repeatability, not that they will be standing up a bunch of SmartEvent boxes.  Its just a requirement.  To change a route I need to use a CF template...  Specifically what do you need me to answer?  To me this is more work, but I guess if you can set it up so all other CP users could use the same template that is what I would ask for.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Like I said, the main issue here we need to know the CLI command necessary to set up an appliance as "SmartEvent only."

To my knowledge, there isn't one, but hopefully I'm wrong Smiley Happy

Once we know what the necessary command is, modifying the existing CloudFormation script to use it should be a trivial exercise.

0 Kudos
Paul_Warnagiris
Advisor

Can one of the Check Point people confirm or deny Dameons's thought process that there is or is not a CLI available to set up a vSec instance as SmartEvent only so I know which direction I need to go?

Thanks,
Paul

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events