cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abihsot__
Advisor

BGP/route based VPN - routed restarts

Hello,

We never used BGP on gaia and wanted to get some insight from you.  I've configured tunnels and BGP with AWS according to sk108958. The interesting issue I noticed is whenever I do some change in gaia. Let say, adding additional inbound route filter or even adding some static route on the gateway I get routed refreshed/restarted and thus making BGP sessions go down incuring downtime for a brief moment. Is this the way it works?

R80.20 JHF118

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Do you have BGP Graceful Restart enabled?

sk100499: BGP on Gaia OS - configuring Graceful Restart

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
abihsot__
Advisor

No, I don't have it enabled. Default setting is "off", so I just followed the procedure in SK when I was configuring.

I think I had some article from AWS telling something in the lines "we do support graceful restart feature, but do not recommend using it", but unfortunately I can't find that article anymore. But anyway, worth trying as this is very inconvenient if each time routes are lost.

0 Kudos
Beowulff
Explorer

hello, did you manage to solve the problem?

0 Kudos
Beowulff
Explorer

hello, did you manage to solve the problem?

0 Kudos
abihsot__
Advisor

Sort of... I don't like how R80.20 works in general on that gateway. Hopefully will move soon to R80.40 to see if it is any better.

0 Kudos
Adam_Doyle
Explorer

Did you ever resolve this issue? We've had this happen on R80.20 as well. We just jumbo patched our R80.40 appliances with Take 139 and this is still occurring.  If I add a static route, routed restarts and the gateway cluster status goes DOWN causing a failover.  There is a new GA jumbo, but we were waiting a grace period for it to bake in before patching to the latest.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events