Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Parfitt
Participant

Sysprep CheckPoint Endpoint Security Client - Windows Server 2016

I am templating a Windows Server 2016 build and have installed the initial CheckPoint Endpoint Security Client.

I've deployed from the template and the status of the endpoint client is 'The Endpoint Agent is not available'.

Is there any steps I need to take in order to Sysprep the initial client in the my template?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Moti
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Some TAC tickets suggest the issue is occurring because the Windows image deployed contains an Endpoint client that has already registered with the server.

This deployment method can work, however the Endpoint registration process must occur after the workstation finishes its registration and acquires its SID.

0 Kudos
Matt_Parfitt
Participant

Thanks for the reply Dameon.

Apologies if I'm being stupid - what does TAC mean?

Also, do you have any other information on what's required in order to make the Endpoint registration occur after the workstation? 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

TAC means Technical Assistance Center

Contact Support | Check Point Software

I will admit, I'm not familiar with the sysprep process.

I assume that means copying the MSI file to the image but not executing the MSI until post-install (i.e. machine boots for first time and gets a new SID).

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

I happen to know from Trend Micro OfficeScan that the trick is usually that you install the client in the image then run a tool to delete the identifier on the client.

So if you deploy it it generates a new and unique identifier on each and every workstation. I guess something similar needs to be done for the endpoint client.

But I am a bit weak in my experience with endpoint software and troubleshooting. (it's on my to-do list somewhere.)

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Matt_Parfitt
Participant

I see, that's helpful thank you. I'll go searching for a tool that can delete the identifier. 

0 Kudos
Jeroen_Demets
Collaborator

Hi,

did you find a way to delete the identifier?

We have the same question because we want to use Citrix Provisioning Services with Windows Server 2016. This means several servers will be booting off one image.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Matt_Parfitt
Participant

Thank you Smiley Happy I will keep trying!

0 Kudos
Miguel_Angulo
Employee
Employee

what deployment solution you use to deploy the sysprep'd image?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events