Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julian_Duquemin
Explorer

Microsoft Outlook goes into a "Disconnected" state after installing the E80.64 Endpoint Security Client on Windows 7 32-bit

I've just started rolling out the Checkpoint EPS in my office and came across this issue.  Any attempts to get Outlook connected fail, as does trying to generate a new profile or user account.  I can also still ping the local exchange server.  This issue does not affect Windows 7 64-bit.

The current spec of the EPS is as follows:

Core Components: 8.8.332

Full Disk Encryption Blade: 86.0.41.1938

The only workaround I have at the moment is to blow the drive away and install the 64-bit version of Windows 7.  However, we have several computers in this office that have Windows 7 32-bit installed and the Checkpoint EPS rollout is going global once the UK deployment has been completed.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Is the only blade you're rolling out FDE?

Seems odd that FDE would cause a networking connectivity issue.

0 Kudos
Julian_Duquemin
Explorer

Yes, this is the only blade we're rolling out.  It is also a known issue with Checkpoint as well:

Symptoms
  • Microsoft Outlook goes into a "Disconnected" state after installing the E80.64 Endpoint Security Client on Windows 7 32-bit

• This issue does not occur on Windows 7 64-bit.

Cause

The Endpoint Security Client's OneCheck executable files are signed by Microsoft to allow them to be loaded correctly on Windows 10.
This certificate comes up as invalid when it is loaded on Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Jason_Dance
Collaborator

We have a similar issue happening on Windows 7 x64 machines, E80.64, and Outlook connections to Office 365.  Where did you source the above text from in your known issue?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events