cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

VPN users report

Jump to solution

Hello buddies!

I´ve been looking for a way to report all VPN users by creation date.

On the users properties, I´ve found a field called "User account created on:". Using Database Tool (Dbedit), I dicovered the DB field name "creation_date".

However when I use "fwm dbexport" to extract all VPN users on database, this "creation_date" doesn´t come in the report.

Is there a way to extract this information? Better, is there a way to create a montlhy report using that DB field.

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Admin
Admin

As I said, it's a command you can feed dbedit. You can put the command in a text file, with something like:

[Expert@mgmt:0]# echo printxml users > dbedit.txt

Then you can easily call it with a cronjob or whatever:

[Expert@mgmt:0]# dbedit -local -f dbedit.txt

Parsing said XML output and turning it into the format you want is another matter, but that's how you get the data out.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Admin
Admin
What version of Security Management?
That said, I believe even in R80.x, dbedit may be the only way to get the information you're asking for.
You can get a dump of the data in XML format by using the command "printxml users" in dbedit.
From the output of that, you can create a report with the relevant data.
Contributor

I´m using R77.30.

Yes, I´ve tried that before, but I´m not familiar with dbedit, so I don´t know how to export that or even import in a pratical way to handle that list.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

As I said, it's a command you can feed dbedit. You can put the command in a text file, with something like:

[Expert@mgmt:0]# echo printxml users > dbedit.txt

Then you can easily call it with a cronjob or whatever:

[Expert@mgmt:0]# dbedit -local -f dbedit.txt

Parsing said XML output and turning it into the format you want is another matter, but that's how you get the data out.

View solution in original post

Contributor

Thanks a lot!👍

0 Kudos