cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAMES_WOODCOCK
Explorer

Smart Endpoint R80.20

Hi,

We are using Endpoint console R80.20 on Windows 10 (1803) and now having tried to use it via two vanilla Windows 10 installs I need to ask the question. Is anyone else having the same frustrating experience trying to get the console to update the clients? - We would like to create a package with the new E80.86 endpoint but every time it starts to either upload from the internet or from the client msi or from the client packages it crashes. This is also running the application as a local admin. If there is a way to update the packages via the cli any guidance appreciated.

We are running against a virtual open server running R80.20 take 14.

Best

James

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steve_Spohn
Participant

Same behavior is happening to me. Using the latest build (992000006) of SmartEndpoint, on both Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2 machines, upload crashes. If I try to upload the entire folder with the installers, the initial client MSI uploads successfully, but then it crashes. If I try to upload individual MSIs, it crashes. I'm also a vSphere open server, R80.20.M1 take 14. Chatting with TAC right now to try and come up with something. Spoke with a friend who required a new build of R77.30.03 SmartConsole in his environment for the E80.86 clients to upload properly - wondering if there is a similar issue in the R80.20.M1 train that needs to be fixed.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Are you running R80.20.M1 or are you running the R80.20 EA versions (Production or Public)?

In any case, TAC is probably your best bet (assuming it's R80.20.M1).

0 Kudos
Steve_Spohn
Participant

Sorry for not seeing this, was away for a while! It's R80.20.M1. Working with TAC, it looks like the client is supposed to be supported. No answers yet, TraceUtil wouldn't run because it thought the management client wasn't a registered application. TAC was sending it back to an internal team to try and figure out what trace we can get from the client, then see where we go from there.

0 Kudos
Alexandra_Gofma
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Can you try to upload only one msi, that doesn't contain FDE (let's say SBA only)?

0 Kudos
Maksym_Sofer
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events