Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msantos
Contributor

Sandblast Agent connection through Remote access VPN

Hello, another issue this time with Sandblast Agent deployment.

This is what happen:

I have users who need to install sba with antimalware blade on their machines, but they work outside the organization, so they can´t connect or reach the endpoint Mgmt. so i created a user for remote access vpn, created a access rule, defined destination the mgmt and services only the ports used for this porpuses, added this new user to the remote access vpn so this way they can connect to the mgmt. the client connects with no problem, i install the EPS package, and i see that the agent connects to the mgmt BUT, in SmartEnpoint i only see that the task is in Retrying state.

questions:

sba can work through Remote Access VPN?? cause i know that works on site to site, but in an institutional network and in this case is an outside network.

if yes, what am i missing?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Considering this is largely how Check Point employees are operating (over a client-to-site VPN) and we definitely eat our own dogfood with respect to SBA, I'd say yes.
What precise versions of client/management?
Any drops in the logs or what have you?
Screenshots (with sensitive data redacted) might also help/
0 Kudos
msantos
Contributor

i have a R80.30 mgmt and the client version is 82.40.1102

0 Kudos
msantos
Contributor

i tried on another computer and it worked, took some time but it installed sba. maybe it is due to the fact that the other machine is w7 and hasn´t have the required OS components

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That could very well be.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events