Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Yee
Participant

Media Encryption - Not able to open the Business Data side of an encrypted drive offline.

With an off brand 2 TB drive we are able to encrypt the drive but get an error trying to access it out of network/offline. The user gets an error saying "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running.". 

The drive was encrypted on Windows 10 Enterprise 1803 64bit with an E81 client. The user's laptop is Windows 7 SP1 64bit. 

Anyone seen this before? Any ideas what it might be?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
J_B
Collaborator

Is the error generated from Check Point, or Windows?

I'm assuming the encrypted drive can be read OK on a machine that is online and connected to your management server?  Have you tried accessing the drive on a different machine that is offline?  If so, do you see the same error?

I've seen this error before (unrelated to Check Point) and it was to do with compatibility settings - trying to run 64 bit software on a 32 bit system.

0 Kudos
John_Yee
Participant

Yes, able to access from a workstation with the Checkpoint client. There wasn't another PC/laptop that was available without the client, just his laptop. He gets the error when he is clicking on the AccessToBusinessData executable. Not exactly sure where the error is coming from, Windows or Checkpoint. I didn't get a screenshot from the user's laptop.

0 Kudos
J_B
Collaborator

Is the Windows 7 machine definitely 64 bit?

Try right clicking on the AccessToBusinessData exe and doing a runas administrator.

If that doesn't work go into the properties of the .exe and click on compatibility tab.  Try running the compatibility troubleshooter, or change the compatibility mode.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events