cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Pritchard
Contributor

Endpoint Client for linux

Hi,

I am looking at deploying Endpoint Server, and running all blade flavours to our desktops, laptops and servers. However we run some Linux based servers.

How do i go about this? i can only see an install for FDE for linux for R70, thats about it.

Our biggest 'concern' is finding a way to secure the endpoint using anti-virus, as we are looking to replace a current linux-supported vendor with Checkpoint in the entire estate.

lets discuss : )

(Currently running R80.10, uniform. )

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

At the moment, we do not offer any of our Endpoint products on Linux.

FDE was supported on Linux previously, but it is now end of life and no longer supported.

0 Kudos
Heath_Mote
Collaborator

I noticed this post when searching for the same information. For enterprise coverage, I'd think CP would want to at least offer a basic Linux server agent. We can't even consider it for this purpose unless we want to maintain two solutions...who wants to do that?

Any changes or plans? Road map?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There's a bit of a difference between a Desktop agent and a Server agent, particularly when it comes to Linux.

I would encourage you to contact your local Check Point office with your specific requirements. 

0 Kudos
Heath_Mote
Collaborator

I agree with that. We don't have any desktop Linux OS but do have servers. Is there a road map for Linux Servers? RHEL? CentOS?

It looks like there is a Windows Server agent is why I'm asking mainly.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

On Windows, there isn't a ton of difference between desktop and server, and we already have support for desktop.

It was mainly a QA exercise.

Linux is a lot more complicated in that regard, given the variety of kernels and components in play.

Given the larger roadmap, I think I can safely say there will be some protection components on Linux.

What exactly those will look like remains to be seen. Smiley Happy

FYI, there's already SandBlast Agent for Browsers on Chromebooks: SandBlast for Education | Check Point Software 

And, as you're probably aware, ChromeOS isn't that far from Linux. 

You can already tap into various APIs (e.g. Threat Prevention) from any system capable of making a REST API call.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events