Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johannes_Schoen
Collaborator

EPS URL Filtering with R77.30 in distributed deployment

Hi Community,

I have a question regarding the URL-filtering blade:

There is an EPS MGMT Server and an existing Security MGMT server.

The plan is to use the URL filtering database from the security server for the Endpoints.

I found these articles:

1: http://downloads.checkpoint.com/dc/download.htm?ID=36183 (page.152)

2: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

The first solution exists in my virtual environment, but when I want to establish a new SIC entity on the EPS MGMT server, in expert mode cpd_admin sicentity is unknown

And I cannot imagine as well, that any administrator will use the second solution, because of copying and importing files with every policy change.

Does anybode has an idea how to get the URL filtering base from the Security MGMT server to the EPS MGMT server?

Gaia R77.30.03 is in use.

Best Regards

Johannes

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pedro_Boavida
Contributor
Contributor

Like explained on the SK you must rely on a dummy r75.40 gateway to push your url filtering policy and then do the fetch procedure to your eps server. 

This is very awkward procedure and if your policy changes often you have to go through it over and over again....

I think you may request a more permanent license to your dummy gateway for this purpose if you are elegible for endpoint url filtering....

0 Kudos
Johannes_Schoen
Collaborator

Hi Pedro,

okay, thanks for your response.

I just verified, that this way is working properly - we will see how often the URL filtering policies will change and how often these manual steps will be necessary.

Best Regards

Johannes

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Getting a license for this "dummy" gateway used for pushing the EPS URL Filtering policy is something your account team should be able to assist with.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events