Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer

Check Point support for Mac with M1 (Apple Silicon)

Dear Support Team,

Do you have information about Check Point compatibility with the new Macbooks with M1 chip (ARM architecture) ? Will the next Check point release (bringing macOS Big Sur support) run on the ARM Macs (maybe with Rosetta 2) ?

Have a nice day,
Lucas

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Admin
Admin

There's a technical preview available via the TAC with a more public release planned shortly.
The first release will use Rosetta2.

Explorer

Hi. all. Any news on M1 compatibility release? Remote Access VPN is not compatible yet. 2 months passed. 

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

E84.30 was released last week via https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... 
This provides compatibility with Big Sur, but not M1-based Macs.
My understanding (and this is subject to change) is compatibility with M1 via Rosetta2 is planned for Q1 2021, native M1 planned for Q2 2021.

0 Kudos
Employee
Employee

The plan is, as PhoneBoy wrote, to release M1 support on the next release.

But here is a tip.

Just between you and me, and if you promise not to tell anyone else …

From what we have seem so far, M1 probably works with the last E84.30 GA (using Rosetta 2) for most blades beside Threat Emulation, Forensics & Anti Ransomware (untested, non-committed, unsupported, you did not hear it from me).

So you are welcome to try and use it if you want. I know there are several customers who already use it on M1 with no issues.

If you do chose to use it on M1, I will be happy to hear your feedback – good or bad. Just send me a private message.

0 Kudos