Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cluxford
Explorer

Capsule Docs won't work on Mac

I have a document protected by Capsule Docs.  I have tried to download the app to my Mac (running 100% latest MacOS updates) and it opened the app once, asked for me to change my permissions, which I did, it then it needed to restart the app for the changes to take effect and now the app won't open at all.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and same thing.

So basically I can't get the app to open on my Mac.

So I then went online to open the app using the web viewer.  Upload it, it tries to convert, starts at 0%, never gets over 0% then says it can't upload the document

Is there a secret I don't know about to get Capsule Docs to work on a mac?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Precisely which version of Capsule Docs are you using?
The only one that's supported on Mac OS Catalina is E82.00.
0 Kudos
Cluxford
Explorer

The only one I can download from the Capsule Docs website.  When I get the document emailed to me there is a link in the email.  I clicked that link it took me to a download page.  There is only a download button.  I download that.  the Version number is Version 871310222

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe that's the E82 version.
I am not currently running that version myself (not using Catalina yet), but 871310110, which is what came with E80.89.

The way Capsule Docs works on the Mac is pretty simple: when you open a protected document (e.g. by double-clicking on it in the Finder), Capsule Docs should open up and prompt you depending on the exact settings of the document.
Once you answer the various prompts, the document should open up either in Preview (if you only have Read Only access to the doc) or in whatever Microsoft Office app is relevant for the document.

Hope that explanation helps.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events