cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuart_Green
Collaborator
Jump to solution

"The Account is disabled" error - Endpoint E80.90

Issue appears on Windows 10 PCs (patched and up to date with latest feature releases) where a Domain User can't log in to the PC.  The only user that can log in to the PC is the one that was used to install Endpoint.

All blades active in Endpoint.

User that is "disabled" is registered as a pre-boot user but also can't log in from pre-boot.

Endpoint is connected to server.  Policy is up to date and has been installed.

Why is this error message apparent???

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Salom_Idhogela
Collaborator

I had a similar issue and only one pre-boot user was able to log in. Up on investigation, I found out that windows could not apply the registry based policy settings. So I rename C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\ Registry.pol to Registry.bak and run GPUPDATE /Force, this fixed the issue for me. 

tx

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
yuris
Employee
Employee

Described issue not related to Endpoint client, it caused by an error: "Trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed".

In legacy versions of Endpoint client was presented wrong error text, it fixed in most recent versions.

This issue can be fixed by updating Windows Group policy, as mentioned above.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Login where, specifically, pre-boot or regular Doman login?

Any logs that might give a clue?

0 Kudos
Stuart_Green
Collaborator

Hi Dameon,

So it's login at pre-boot (although the user is authorised, that says the account is locked) and regular domain login (that error says the account is disabled).

At present, endpoint is unauthenticated as the Admin guide's AD integration guidelines don't work with Server 2016 (raised a separate thread on here for that one).

Domain scanner has all of the users and computers in place.  Users are authorised in pre-boot but no login possible.

No logs on the client side which offer any sort of clue as to what might be going on which I find really odd.

0 Kudos
Stuart_Green
Collaborator

Raised as a SR.

Jesse_Wittsche
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Do you have the ticket number so I can check on it?

0 Kudos
Jack_Hothforth
Explorer

What was the resolution to this issue. I'm seeing the same issue with some of my users and I'm on the same Endpoint client. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Salom_Idhogela
Collaborator

I had a similar issue and only one pre-boot user was able to log in. Up on investigation, I found out that windows could not apply the registry based policy settings. So I rename C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\ Registry.pol to Registry.bak and run GPUPDATE /Force, this fixed the issue for me. 

tx

0 Kudos
yuris
Employee
Employee

Described issue not related to Endpoint client, it caused by an error: "Trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed".

In legacy versions of Endpoint client was presented wrong error text, it fixed in most recent versions.

This issue can be fixed by updating Windows Group policy, as mentioned above.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events