Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_Moreland
Participant

manual E80.72 Uninstallation

I'm running R77.30.03 mgmt server and E80.72 clients.  I am having a hard time installing E80.72 on a particular machine.  The PC used to have E80.72 installed on it, but a BSOD required me to reset the Operating System (Win 10.)  Now that I am ready to re-install E80.72, I keep getting a message that the installer had to roll back the installation and the install never able to complete.  

Is there a series of steps to manually uninstall E80.72?  Even though this pc was Reset (Windows OS re-installed with default programs only) it's as if the installer still sees remnants of the old installation.

4 Replies
Marina_Lachtarn
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

It seems like there are resides of old installation on the machine, perhaps reset was done to a point when client was installed.

If you see "Check Point Endpoint Security" line in "Add-Remove Programs and features" - first try to click on it and choose "Repair" option. After "repair" you will be able to work with client or uninstall it.

If installing with Software Deployment Policy - you should be able to see in Smart Endpoint installation error, please check what it says.

0 Kudos
Kevin_Moreland
Participant

Hello, and, yes, you are correct. The endpoint client was installed, but the user received a BSOD and could no longer login. I chose to reset the OS. Currently the program does not exist in programs and features. There must be some remnants of the program in the registry and/or elsewhere. Any clue on a manual uninstall? I can’t seem to find any sk articles that pertain to my issue.

0 Kudos
Premysl_Vresky
Contributor

0 Kudos
Kevin_Moreland
Participant

This ended up being something simple.  I went to the temp directory (%temp%) by chance and deleted everything out of there.  Seemed to allow install.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events