cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daolong_Liu
Contributor

how uninstall endpoint client

hi

I want uninstall endpoint client ,but I forget the uninstall password, what should I do? 

The server and the client is disconnected,according to sk106617 and sk62023 can't do 

11 Replies
Steve_Lander
Collaborator

Is it possible to connect the endpoint back up to the server and then change the password in SmartEndpoint Admin Console?

0 Kudos
Daolong_Liu
Contributor

hi  Steve

I first uninstalled the server, and then to uninstall the client, and finally found that the client can not uninstall, re-install the server again, try to reconnect the client and server, but the client can not connect to the server.

Is there any way to uninstall it offline? My computer is currently unable to shut down my computer due to disk encryption.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lander
Collaborator

You can try to use the default password "secret", but if you changed it, I would copy your data and rebuild the machine as you wouldn't be able to uninstall CheckPoint without the password.

In theory, if you have preboot enabled, you can still sign in to the preboot environment if you have your preboot environment synced with your AD account if you had to reboot.

0 Kudos
Daolong_Liu
Contributor

HI

Enter the password after this mistake

0 Kudos
Steve_Lander
Collaborator

If you are not able to decrypt the machine from uninstalling, you either may need to open up a support ticket with TAC, or I would do a rebuild.  

0 Kudos
Baasanjargal_Ts
Advisor
Advisor

how to uninstall, when this error happens?

0 Kudos
Daolong_Liu
Contributor

HI

Because China's TAC is day off now, please you to rebuild a ticket,This ticket how should I use?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lander
Collaborator

Sorry, rebuild as in copy your data off the computer and then wipe the computer and build a new image with your environment's configuration on the computer, then reinstall checkpoint using the package from the new CheckPoint Endpoint server you rebuilt.    

In the future, make sure you uninstall the clients before uninstalling the server. 

0 Kudos
Daolong_Liu
Contributor

HI

If the license expires, the encryption, decryption function automatically?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What I believe happens is that existing computers will remain encrypted.

You will not be able to

• Encrypt new computers
  • Decrypt and reencrypt existing computers
0 Kudos
Daolong_Liu
Contributor

HI 

thanks  ,I have to solve the problem

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events