Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rick_Rodrix
Contributor
Jump to solution

VPN users report

Hello buddies!

I´ve been looking for a way to report all VPN users by creation date.

On the users properties, I´ve found a field called "User account created on:". Using Database Tool (Dbedit), I dicovered the DB field name "creation_date".

However when I use "fwm dbexport" to extract all VPN users on database, this "creation_date" doesn´t come in the report.

Is there a way to extract this information? Better, is there a way to create a montlhy report using that DB field.

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As I said, it's a command you can feed dbedit. You can put the command in a text file, with something like:

[Expert@mgmt:0]# echo printxml users > dbedit.txt

Then you can easily call it with a cronjob or whatever:

[Expert@mgmt:0]# dbedit -local -f dbedit.txt

Parsing said XML output and turning it into the format you want is another matter, but that's how you get the data out.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
What version of Security Management?
That said, I believe even in R80.x, dbedit may be the only way to get the information you're asking for.
You can get a dump of the data in XML format by using the command "printxml users" in dbedit.
From the output of that, you can create a report with the relevant data.
Rick_Rodrix
Contributor

I´m using R77.30.

Yes, I´ve tried that before, but I´m not familiar with dbedit, so I don´t know how to export that or even import in a pratical way to handle that list.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As I said, it's a command you can feed dbedit. You can put the command in a text file, with something like:

[Expert@mgmt:0]# echo printxml users > dbedit.txt

Then you can easily call it with a cronjob or whatever:

[Expert@mgmt:0]# dbedit -local -f dbedit.txt

Parsing said XML output and turning it into the format you want is another matter, but that's how you get the data out.

Rick_Rodrix
Contributor

Thanks a lot!👍

0 Kudos
fabiooliveira7
Explorer

Dear Sirs,

I wonder if anyone knows how to customize a report of users using Client VPN mobile?

For example:
Name
user
date
login start
login end
login time

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events