Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagarsharmas
Explorer

Use VPN on only one user

I have CheckPoint Endpoint Security VPN installed on my virtual machine. This virtual machine has two users. When I connect to VPN from first user, the second user is also connected to VPN and all the local addresses are blocked.

I want the functionality such that I can connect from first user, and I would be on VPN but from second user, I would be on my local network.

Any steps that I can follow to achieve that?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In a multiuser system, there is no way to prevent other users from leveraging the VPN.
Likewise, if your VPN connection restricts access to the local network while you're connected, it will also restrict access for the other user.
0 Kudos
sagarsharmas
Explorer

Is there any way to not block the local network, even if it is driven by the administrator of the VPN?

In my case, I have the VPN installed on my virtual machine, and while I'm connected to VPN, if I get disconnected from the virtual machine, I can't connect back to the virtual machine unless it is restarted, since all other networks in that machine would be blocked after VPN is started.

I would appreciate any straight-forward answers or any tweaks that I could do.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If the admin of the VPN doesn't want you to talk to your local network when you connect to the VPN, I'm afraid there's not much you can do.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events