Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johannes_Schoen
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Sandblast IE Plugin support for Enhanced Protected Mode

Hi Community,

we noticed, that the Sandblast browser plugin for IE is incompatible with the Enhanced Protected Mode from Internet Explorer.

Is there anybody from product team or similar, who can explain, why this plugin is incompatible and when the plugin is planned to be certified? The EPM mode from IE got a few nice security features, we would miss by deactivating it.
I guess Microsoft does a plugin-verification like all the other vendors and for EPM mode, the plugin needs to implement all the requirements - which are these and why aren't they implemented yet?

I'm thankful for any thoughts on this
Problem is described with SK154912 , but I don't think this is a permanent solution, more a workaround.

Best Regards
Johannes

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ziv_Sahar
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Johannes,

The Enhance Protection mode of IE adds additional layer of restrictions to the web extension when trying to access the file system and web sites content, this restrictions will damage the IE extension functionality. 
We currently don't have plans to support this mode.
never the less, When the customer is running with Antex, he will get exploit protections to his IE browser.

Thanks,

Ziv Sahar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ziv_Sahar
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Johannes,

The Enhance Protection mode of IE adds additional layer of restrictions to the web extension when trying to access the file system and web sites content, this restrictions will damage the IE extension functionality. 
We currently don't have plans to support this mode.
never the less, When the customer is running with Antex, he will get exploit protections to his IE browser.

Thanks,

Ziv Sahar

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events