Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johannes_Schoen
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Sandblast Browser on top?

Dear Community,

I got a general question for the SA Webbrowser extension:
I assumed, that the browser extension would be installed on top of a normal Sandblast agent.
But sk108695 states, it's not recommended for other browsers then Chrome.

Does anyone of you gathered experience/best practices with this?

Is a browser download, phishing attempt etc. intercepted even if the browser extension is not installed, but the Sanblast Agent?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards
Johannes

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lior_Arzi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

sk108695 refers only to SandBlast Agent for Browsers (SBA4B) as a standalone product.

In the SK, it says: "The installer of SandBlast Agent for Browsers should not be installed on top of endpoint which has SBA installed."

The reason you should not install SBA4B standalone on top of SBA is because SBA already includes the browser extension as part of it.

Hope this answers your questions,

Lior Arzi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lior_Arzi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

sk108695 refers only to SandBlast Agent for Browsers (SBA4B) as a standalone product.

In the SK, it says: "The installer of SandBlast Agent for Browsers should not be installed on top of endpoint which has SBA installed."

The reason you should not install SBA4B standalone on top of SBA is because SBA already includes the browser extension as part of it.

Hope this answers your questions,

Lior Arzi

Johannes_Schoen
Collaborator
Thanks for your feedback.
So if the SBA is installed, I don't do anything, to get the browser plugin running? This works also if the SBA is installed first and the browser afterwards?
0 Kudos
Lior_Arzi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

correct

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events