Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul
Explorer

SandBlast Agent stuck "Loading"

I'm trying to install the Check Point SandBlast Agent for Browsers on Windows Server 2008 R2. I'm unable to get it to work properly.

(MSI) Installation went fine and when I open the "Manage Add-ons" dialog in IE11 I see both "CheckPoint.SandBlast" (version 990.58.12.0) and "Check Point SandBlast" (version 990.058.012.0), both enabled, both 32-bit and loaded.

When I click the "Check Point SandBlast" button (or "Tools|Check Point SandBlast"), a pop-up dialog is displayed showing "HTML"-code. When I disable ESC (Enhanced Security Configuration) the pop-up dialog is displayed correctly, only it is stuck "Loading".

Enhanced Protected Mode is not enabled (Internet Options Advanced Tab) and Internet Zone Security-Level is set to "Medium-High" (Default).

I'm trying to implement SandBlast as a POC.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

What version of the SandBlast client are you POC'ing with?

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
paul
Explorer

We received MSI-package called "Check_Point_SandBlast_Browser_Ext_v1_sk108695.msi". When I open the MSI-package in ORCA/InstEd and look at the Property Table, Property "ProductVersion" holds the value 90.05.8012.

0 Kudos
paul
Explorer

I have been doing some more research. When I open "C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\SandBlast\data\popup.html", the information-bar at the bottom of the screen tells me "Internet Explorer restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX Controls" with a button "Allow Blocked Content". I have checked the Internet-Zone Security settings, but running scripts and ActiveX Controls is enabled...

I am also able to use "SandBlast://data/options.html" in Internet Explorer. Looks like the ActiveX Control does work, because the options-page is loaded (header with SandBlast en CheckPoint logo's and layout) but the rest remains empty.

Tests described above ONLY work when Enhanced Security Configuration has been disabled.

0 Kudos
Talya_Ariel
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul,

Please verify that you are working with Internet Explorer 11, if not please open a case with support.

Thanks,

Talya

0 Kudos
paul
Explorer

Yes, I made sure to upgrade the default browser that comes with Windows Server 2008 R2, which is Internet Explorer 8, to Internet Explorer 11.

I also have been testing on a Stand-Alone Server in VMware Workstation. This Server has NOT been made a member of a Domain. All known VCRedists are installed (x86 and x64) as well as .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.0 (4.7.1).

I am still unable to get it to work correctly...

0 Kudos
MartijnElzenaar
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul,

Just to let others know that I'm now working with you to get it sorted. 

I've experienced the same behavior with the November build of the MSI and looks like it's resolved in the latest version (May build). 

Best regards

Martijn 

paul
Explorer

Hi Martijn,

Thank you for your reply. You have send me a download link for an updated .MSI-package. I have downloaded it a few moments ago and I will test it immediately.

I will sent you an email to inform you about the results.

Kind regards,

Paul

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events