Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_Thackwray
Explorer

Non-domain joined laptop & EPS installation - Failed to send register message to the server

We have half a dozen laptops that are not on the domain that we'd like to protect with EPS Client.

I've created a Virtual Group on the Endpoint Server for Non Domain Joined Laptops & downloaded the package from the rule that associates the group.

Installing on the Win 10 Home laptop is successful (running via CMD msiexec /i "DRIVE:\path_to_EPS.msi_file\EPS.msi" /l*v C:\EPS_install.log) but I've got the error message "Endpoint Security Client failed to send register message to the server. Contact your administrator".

As the laptop is not on the domain it won't see the EPS server the same way all previously deployed clients have. Is there a way to point this non joined laptop to our server's external IP - or is there another way to get the laptop talking to the server?

Thanks in advanced!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Assuming you're deploying the EPS.msi that SmartEndpoint generated, it should have the correct IP put in the file automatically.
Can the clients reach the Endpoint Management Server on ports 80/443?
0 Kudos
Jeff_Gao
Advisor

Hi ,I also have this problem.I download the install package from smardendpoint server and install it to win10 and win7,them have join AD,but it still prompt "Endpoint security client failed to send register message to the server.contact your administrator".

have you slove this issue?

0 Kudos
Jeff_Gao
Advisor

Cannot register to serverCannot register to server

0 Kudos
MikeB
Advisor

Hello @Jeff_Gao ! You were able to solve this problem??

We are experiencing same behavior deploying E85.10 with EMaaS R81

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Can you confirm the client can reach the Endpoint Management Server on ports 80/443 as I mentioned previously?
You may also want to engage with the TAC on this.
0 Kudos
Jeff_Gao
Advisor

Client can reach the EMS on port 443
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events