Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chinmaya_Naik
Advisor
Jump to solution

Media Encryption offline Encrypted file access without Checkpoint Agent Installed

Hi Team,

GAIA OS: R80.30

Endpoint Client: E81.40

Blade Enable: Media Encryption

Refer Sk: sk148453

We are testing media encryption on one of our customer environments.

We successfully encrypted business data in the Pendrive but unable to access from the machine where checkpoint endpoint in not installed and also that machine is not a part of the current organization.

So basically we are using Media Encryption Offline Access utility (called as AccessToBusinessData).

As far I know once we encrypted the business data or nonbusiness data depend upon the policy that I configure, then we see an application called as Access To Business Data (Name with space) showing inside the Pendrive once the encrypted was completed.

Also, I can download the Media Encryption Offline Access utility AccessToBusinessData (Name without space).

I try to use both applications but got the below error.

Pls, help to find out the solution.

Regards

@Chinmaya_Naik 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chinmaya_Naik
Advisor

Hi Team,

Updates

Now we able to access the Encrypted data from the machine where Checkpoint Agent not installed.

I am using the new Checkpoint Endpoint Client Version E82.10 to encrypted Pendrive Data. 

Windows 10 is working fine but recommended all to also install the "Visual Studio 2017 redistributables" packages.

Link:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Download File : x86: vc_redist.x86.exe

We can also segregate the file type such as Business-related and Non-Business related data which will create a two partition.

Additional  "Media Encryption Offline Access Tool" (sk148453), not required on most of the cases because when we done the encryption then after encryption we also see the tool called as  "Access To Business Data" on non-business partition drive so by using this tool we able to access the encrypted data which required authentication before access. (Make sure that this tool required Administrator access to open).

Lastly, I love these features😉🤗

Regards

@Chinmaya_Naik 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
What if you use an actual PDF viewer rather than Chrome?
0 Kudos
Chinmaya_Naik
Advisor

Hi @PhoneBoy ,

Thanks for the suggestion.

But I already try with PDF viewer , We not only face issue for PDF file only  also for other file format such as Excel or docs file.Still I am unable to open any business file type using this utility.

Thank You

Regards

@Chinmaya_Naik 

0 Kudos
Chinmaya_Naik
Advisor

Hi Team,

Updates

Now we able to access the Encrypted data from the machine where Checkpoint Agent not installed.

I am using the new Checkpoint Endpoint Client Version E82.10 to encrypted Pendrive Data. 

Windows 10 is working fine but recommended all to also install the "Visual Studio 2017 redistributables" packages.

Link:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Download File : x86: vc_redist.x86.exe

We can also segregate the file type such as Business-related and Non-Business related data which will create a two partition.

Additional  "Media Encryption Offline Access Tool" (sk148453), not required on most of the cases because when we done the encryption then after encryption we also see the tool called as  "Access To Business Data" on non-business partition drive so by using this tool we able to access the encrypted data which required authentication before access. (Make sure that this tool required Administrator access to open).

Lastly, I love these features😉🤗

Regards

@Chinmaya_Naik 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events