cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post a Question

Join R80.10 FW mgmt and R77.30.03 Endpoint

Since the release of R80.20M1 it is possible to manage R80.10 firewalls and also Endpoint clients.

I've been browsing through the release and installation notes, but I didn't find an answer for my question.

We have a R80.10 single management environment for the gateways and a separate R77.30.03 enpoint security management server. The customer wants to integrate both management servers into one management server.

Is there a way to do this with just upgrading the FW management environment from R80.10 to R80.20.M1 and import the endpoint security management environment into the same management R80.20.M1?

Any ideas?

9 Replies

Re: Join R80.10 FW mgmt and R77.30.03 Endpoint

Please check sk123473, however I would personally wait with it for a month or so

Hello Yonathan,

That doesn't describe the method to merge the two management servers (gateways & endpoint) into one management server running on R80.20.M1. I'm looking for a way to import the endpoint into the existing gateway management.

Kind Regards,

Sander Zumbrink

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

You can potentially import the network management into the Endpoint using Python tool for exporting/importing a policy package or parts of it‌.

Checking if it's possible to go the other way short of Professional Services.

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

At the moment, Migrating Endpoint into Network Management is a manual process that generally involves Professional Services. The complexity of the process depends on the blades in use, the policy, whether virtual groups are involved, etc., and requires testing in the lab. 

We plan to introduce a procedure that will be more automated in the coming months.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

For now we are going to upgrade the firewall management to R80.20.M1 and rebuild the config for the endpoint.

And migrate the clients from the old endpoint management to the new management.

Hello,

Is there a automated procedure available for merging these 2 managing environments?

Kind regards,

Jasper Oosterheert

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

Not yet

0 Kudos

How about now? We are looking to migrate R77.30.02 Endpoint server to R80.20 SmartCenter. Is this supported now? Is it recomended to upgrade Endpoint server also to R80.20 before migration?

0 Kudos

There's still no process for this AFAIK.

We're a partner and this is the sort of things we do on a regular basis, it's a manual process at present - one or the other is sacrificed to make them into a single server or you do a manual migration (as in copying over policies, one way or the other).

You can upgrade your R77.30.02 delpoyment to R80.20, or export your database in R80.20 format then build a new server (advanced upgrade) - your preference. I'd recommend the latter to take advantage of the new XFS file system and later kernel.

0 Kudos