Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick_Doropoulos
Advisor

Information on the psql tool for Endpoint Security Management server

During a remote session today I watched a Check Point engineer using the following command while investigating a potential database corruption on the customer's Endpoint Security Management Server:

psql -p 18272 uepm

The prompt then changed to "uepm=>" at which point SQL queries could be run.

I really can't find any information on Check Point's documentation though about the above tool/functionality so I was wondering if somebody could point me towards something. If there is none, would I be right to assume that the tool in question is Red Hat-based?

Thanks.

4 Replies
Nick_Doropoulos
Advisor

Sorry, this should have been posted inside the Endpoint Products section...

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Sometimes, we will need to directly manipulate the underlying databases as part of troubleshooting, or even fixing an issue.
In general, you shouldn't be doing this without direct guidance from Check Point TAC/R&D.
0 Kudos
Nick_Doropoulos
Advisor

I can fully appreciate that point but it would be nice if Check Point could release some documentation on the subject so we can experiment on a testing environment.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

A quick perusal of SecureKnowledge pulls up several articles when you search on psql.
I assume it's a standard PostgreSQL binary and would respond appropriately to well-formed queries.
In addition to being used for Endpoint, it's also used for SmartEvent, though I'm pretty sure different instances are used.
Regardless, we do not support people manipulating the databases directly in this manner.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events