Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ariel_Gustavo_H
Explorer
Jump to solution

How to uninstall R77_30_03 plugin

Hello,
We have our Management server with all the necesary packets installed for endpoint management R77.30.03, We are not using endpoint.
Now we want to upgrade to R80.10, but the pre_upgrade_verifier says we have to remove this plugin.
When I run the UnixUninstallscript It says It can't be uninstalled, the cpuse don't allow to uninstall It neither.
How do We uninstall this plugin?

Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oren_Shalgi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Ariel,

Please contact Check Point Support to get assistance for that.

If the customer is not using Endpoint we can assist in removing those components to be able to upgrade to R80.10 .

Could you mention how come the customer has those packages installed if they are not using the Endpoint solution?

Thanks,

Oren.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Oren_Shalgi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Ariel,

Please contact Check Point Support to get assistance for that.

If the customer is not using Endpoint we can assist in removing those components to be able to upgrade to R80.10 .

Could you mention how come the customer has those packages installed if they are not using the Endpoint solution?

Thanks,

Oren.

0 Kudos
Ariel_Gustavo_H
Explorer

Hello Oren Shalgi, 

This is not for a client, this is for us, we have one management and a gateway in our offices. The boss asked to install the Endpoint security management in the Security Management, so We installed the 77.30.03 plugins.

Now he changed his mind and want us to upgrade the Management and the Gateway, but we need to remove the plugin before.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As Oren suggested, you will need to contact the TAC to get assistance.

0 Kudos
Arun_R
Collaborator

Hi, 

Got any answered.?

0 Kudos
Alexandra_Gofma
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi, in general, the answer is the following:

1. If you don't use Endpoint Server - please open a ticket to TAC and they will assist you with revert to R77.30 

2. If you use Endpoint server - this path is not supported as there is a significant difference in features between R80.10 and R77.30.03. In this case you can wait until R80.20 release that will support this path - or contact your SE or EA team at  EA_SUPPORT@CHECKPOINT.COM if you want to participate in R80.20 Early Availability program.

0 Kudos
Arun_R
Collaborator

Hi, 

I was having the same requirement for one of my client. It is a long procedure and there are many plugins needs to uninstalled in the order basis.

If any plugin we miss while uninstallation it will be a big problem.

It is strongly recommended to involve checkpoint TAC engineer. 

- Arun.R

Daniel_Westlund
Collaborator

I was in a situation where I didn't use Endpoint Server or Capsule workspace, but couldn't migrate export because I had plugins that showed to be installed when I ran fwm ver:

Endpoint Security Management R77 Plug-in
Capsule Docs DLP Add-on

I ran rpm -qa and found:

CPPIuepmars-R77-00
CPPIcapsule-R77-00
CPuepm-R77-00

Uninstalled them with rpm -e <name of rpm>.  First when I tried to uninstall, I was prompted to run "/opt/CPPIcapsule-R77/bin/uacRunner -p PIcapsule -preuninstall" for example, but once I ran that and it confirmed there were no dependencies, it told me to run the above rpm -e command again, and then it took.  Then I migrate exported afterwards, but before I could successfully migrate import into the new target mgmt server, I had to remove CPuepm-R77-00 from it as well.

I don't know what the name of the R77.30.03 plugin is, but it may be the same idea.  Since I didn't want to call TAC as was recommended here for my similar issue, and was able to get it working by removing the above plugins, I thought it might be helpful for others coming across this thread if I posted this.  Or maybe it's just more confusing and you should call TAC.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Thanks for sharing your experience in any case.

This will probably be helpful for those who never used these features but for some reason those features got enabled. 

If you want to preserve the Endpoint Management data, it's obviously a bit more complicated Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events